There were a number of ups and downs over this holiday. And to be honest - I've never been happier to be back to our "normal" routine. Although we're not quite there yet. But getting infected with 3 (THREE!) separate sicknesses and family-drama-rama means that it wasn't the funnest vacay ever. I give it a 5 out of 10.
Instead of boring you with details, I'll give you the highlights...
- Christmas Eve we hosted what I hope becomes the Annual Vallier Xmas Eve smörgåsbord of drinks + appy's. I introduced my family + friends to scotch eggs and they are now fatty Anglophile converts like me.
- Christmas spanned about 3 days in total between real Santa-day and visiting family. Lots of good eats, FAR too many presents and good family time enjoyed by all.
- We watched the Cars movie about 7,093,098,023,563 times. Clearly Santa could have saved money and just put this one item in her stocking and called it a day.
- Maddie started potty training and is doing well. Not gonna lie to you, I thought it would go faster, be easier, less messy-like. But apparently my expectations were too high, I should be more patient (what? ME?), and things are going fine.
- Miss M also started speaking incredibly more clearly - like a little person with full sentences and prepositions and shit. Oh, she still starts most sentences with "Maddie" - but then again, you would too if you were the centre of the universe, right? ;)
- Other Miss M accomplishments include jumping (WITH 2 FEET MOMMY!), shoveling snow, eating snow (lots and lots and lots), and ... erm. I mentioned the potty training right?
All in all. Life is good. Life is (getting back to) normal. Bring on 2010...