Thursday, January 10, 2008

Sleepaholic

This week has been amazing for sleep (that is, when we finally convince her to go down - a little more fussy in the evenings than usual) - last night Maddie slept from 10pm - 6am. And if I had actually gone to bed when I put her down, that means I would have gotten 8 hours. Too bad I didn't get to bed until half past midnight...

She didn't escape from her swaddle last night (for the first time in like, ever) - which makes me wonder if that's why she slept longer? Or if she was just so worn out from yesterday (it was a bit of a tiring day - she fussed A LOT, although she did take 2 proper naps in her bassinet) that she didn't wake up enough to try and escape her swaddle. Not sure, but definitely trying to swaddle her extra tight tonight.

The other thing I was thinking is that she has had a bit of a cough (started yesterday - the day AFTER the doctor's of course), and maybe she's got a small cold which made her sleep longer? Who knows - let's just hope this is a trend that continues - and she's in a great mood this morning - all smiles and coos - currently staring at me from the swing while I'm typing this with eyes that say, you're supposed to be eating breakfast ... eat up mom so you can take me out of this...

S&S

PS - trying the mini-posts this week, as I never remember these little details for the longer ones - and it's the little details in life that you usually wish you could remember ...

No comments: