Take some cedar posts (pish-shaw to the actual "garden ties", these are far more expensive and pretty, right?), some black earth (hello Rona - $2 per 50L bag - damn good price!), some sheep manure (ewwwww - haha), and some peat moss. Hammer, nail. Mix and mulch.
Then hit up the local nursery for some seedlings. We got green, red and yellow peppers. Peas (and still need to build the "climber" for them). Jalepeno peppers. Cucumbers. Zucchini. Four types of lettuce. Green and yellow beans. Tomatoes tomatoes tomatoes...
We didn't follow the spacing rules on all the little info spikes that came with the plants. Instead, planted about 8 plants per row. Spacing looks okay to me - we'll see how they fare I guess.
My next plan is to stock up on canning jars, as I know we're going to have more tomatoes than we know what to do with. So aside from salsa and tomato butter (a chili-type sauce), I'm planning on canning a bunch of tomatoes to use for sauces and such throughout the year.
I am so green. Next project is a clothesline.