Tuesday, April 8, 2008

What we've been up to

I know the past few (dozen?) posts have centered around Maddie's sleep/teething/sleep habits ... sorry if I've sounded like a bit of a broken record. And in the heart of making sure this continues to be a family journal, I decided we were probably due for an update post. So - here's what we've been up to...
  • Seth has just started his 2nd week of his new job - he's liking it more and more everyday as he gets to know his accounts, gets an idea of how to schedule each day and in general just gets to know his job more. He's definitely happier when he comes home from work - which is great to see!
  • Maddie and I joined a Babyville group that just started last week. It's a new mom-group hosted by Durham Public Health and is based in Brooklin, so it's a pretty small group (like 7 moms in total) - but everyone seems really nice and friendly. So that's where we'll be for next 8 Tuesdays between 1:30 and 3pm.
  • The nicer weather means we've been trying to get out for walks more often - I can't wait for it to get even warmer as Maddie has been loving the outdoors time we've had so far.
  • Speaking of the nicer weather - Seth's BBQ'd the past 2 nights for dinner already - we're both enjoying that aspect of home-ownership!
  • I've discovered a spot for guilt-free shopping - it's called "Once Upon a Child" and they sell gently used children's clothing, toys, books etc. I bought Maddie 6 outfits yesterday, all Baby Gap or Old Navy - some with the original tags still on - for less than $40. I don't think I'll buy another 'brand-new' article of clothing for her for a while....
  • Maddie's really enjoying watching the Baby Einstein videos we got from Aunt Marlene. They're like crack for her - she stares at the screen while sitting in her exersaucer like a little cracked out zombie baby. I don't really get what the appeal is - but it provides her with 15-30 minutes of enjoyment (and me with time to get stuff done in the kitchen), so we're going with it...
  • I'm make a list of all the 'things' I want to accomplish this spring - yikes, it's long. But with her sleeping better during the day (knock on wood!) and playing on her own a bit, I should be able to start tackling some of those projects that have been bugging me for a while.
  • Speaking of things 'to do' - I've got to start looking into daycare options this week. Yikes - I can't believe I have to go back to work in less than 6 months. Scary...
  • What else? My friend is trying to convince me to go visit her in Ireland. It would be a trip without Seth, which I'm a little nervous about - but she had a great point when she said it was a great opportunity - Maddie is still pretty portable traveling-wise, and when will I have the time off again? Now we just have to see to getting her a passport...
That's all I can think of right now ... hope all is well with you friends + family! Our love to everyone...

xxoo.S

No comments: