Monday, August 18, 2008

Good news?

I just found out today that my maternity leave doesn't actually end until October 4th.

I had been thinking all year long that I had to return to work mid-September. But then today I called the EI office to confirm when my last payment would be (is $ getting a little tight as my 'year-off' is ending? In a word, yes), to make sure I didn't have to go back earlier.

Instead, I find out that I don't have to go back until 2 weeks beyond what I had originally thought.

Part of me thinks, whatever, what's 2 weeks - daycare is set up for then, work is expecting you back then ... just stick to the plan.

But then another part of me thinks ... yaaaaayyyy another 2 weeks with my bubbas!

I We haven't decided yet what I'm going to do (change my return date or go back as planned). But I know which way I'm leaning!

xxoo.S

PS - Maddie now gives kisses upon request. As in "Maddie, give Daddy a kiss!", and she leans in to do it. How cool is it that she understands an instruction now? I think it's possibly the coolest thing ever.

No comments: