Friday, October 17, 2008

It's a bit lonely

Working from home is a bit harder than I thought it would be.  Trust me, I'm not complaining.  I know I've got it good.  I'm lucky.  All that jazz.

But it is harder than I expected.  It's far easier to be distracted (just ask my fridge, it sees the light of day more often than I'd like to admit).  And it's far easier to procrastinate (as you just have to flip on the tv during "lunch" and then look up and an hour has passed.

And it's kinda lonely.  I talk to people on the phone, yes.  But really, at the end of the day, it's just me sitting at my computer and working in a silent house (silent because anything else is distracting and/or leads to procrastination).

It's only the 2nd week, it is was a short week at that - so the schedule isn't quite "there" yet.  We'll see.  I'm sure I'll get used to it.

At least Maddie and Seth are getting nice home-cooked dinners.  And the house is staying clean.  And the laundry is getting done.  Those are definitely all bonuses that I'm not overlooking.  And hey - who's the superwoman that's working + cleaning + cooking all at the same time?  Oh hey, it's me.  Gooooooooo me!

xxoo.S

No comments: