Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Sleep much?

Our little non-sleeping-loveable-little-miss (oh-god-why-can't-you-just-figure-out-how-to-sleep-thru??!?!?) has taken to waking up at 6am these days.

Consistently.

Luckily she wakes up in a good mood and is happy enough to play with her stuffies and music box in her crib for a bit (read: 30 minutes), while I continue to doze.

But I'm not "sleeping". I'm dozing. Big difference. Especially in energy levels as the day (week) goes on.

I'm thinking she's getting older, maybe we need to move her bedtime a bit later? Instead of the 7-7:30-ish time that she is currently going to bed, maybe we need to move it to 8pm?

I don't know. I'm sure I could research the "appropriate time for a 14 month old to go to bed" - but I thought I'd just ask the experienced moms out there. What do you think? Is this an anomoly because she's a) teething, b) soaking thru her dipe, or c) an non-sleeping demon that has been put on this earth to slowly torture me through sleep-deprivation techniques?

And really - should I just move her bedtime and hope for the best?

xxoo.S

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

For comparison, Caitlyn goes to bed at 7:30 (gets up at 6:30-7:00) and Liam goes to bed around 6:30-7:00 (and gets up around 6:30-7:00). If you find she's having really wet diapers in the morning, try moving up to the next size, even if she's not at the weight range yet. It may make a difference. Other than that, is she napping during the day? If so, for how long? It might be time to cut down on the naps a little (not cut them out, but shorten them). Hope this helps. Hang in there! :)

Nancy Downard said...

I'd try moving her bedtime a little later. It's worked for us -- Austin has gone to bed at 8:30 for well over a year and wakes up between 7 and 8. As for the diapers -- definitely try upping to a bigger size at night.
Good luck. Eventually, she'll figure it out!

Deb said...

Oops, that was me, I didn't realize i was logged into my mother-in-law's account.

Vone said...

The later bedtime might work but it might not - it doesn't matter what time Lilo goes to bed she's up at the same time. Thanks goodness that's not until around 7:30 but still she could go to bed at midnight and still be up at 7:30.

Anonymous said...

Maddie needs so far her early bedtime it may change when she is older to 8 8-30 latest.
When she nolonger has her bottle in the nite diapers will be dry
trust me.
love grama