I just spent two hours this afternoon unpacking summer clothes and packing up winter clothes. Does anyone do this anymore, or have I been brainwashed by my mother and am participating in some ancient practice that is almost as de-vogue as monitoring your white-wearing to after Victoria Day and before Labour Day?
- I own twice the number of winter clothes as I do summer clothes. Yay to Canada.
- I own a HELLOFALOT of tweed dress pants. Was there a special on tweed a few years ago, back when I actually fit into said dress pants?
- While my winter clothing may outnumber my summer attire, my shoe collection is quite the opposite. And damn, I think in my haze of child-rearing last year, I forgot the number one important thing about summer - which is, summer sandals. Lovely, strappy, summer sandals.
- I packed 6 more tops into my "maternity clothes" bin. I think that means I have given up on myself just a little bit less? Perhaps I haven't actually lost any more weight, but I refuse to hide behind the tent shirts anymore...
- Two (TWO!) garbage bags filled with Goodwill donations. Dudes... I do NOT understand how I manage to give away (what feels like) half my wardrobe every six months and still not have enough closet space. And bye-bye Senor Frogs belly-baring halter top. I may not have given up on myself, but I have accepted the fact that it would not be acceptable to wear you again.
So yes, I am now fully prepared for summer. And dying to wear my flippy summer skirts with my strappy summer sandals. And swing my garishly bright small summer purses, and la-la-la I'm a Coppertone commercial...
I really will post about our weekend soon. I'm sure you're all dying to hear about my gardening, golf and garage exploits. G-G-G-great!