Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I had a baby, not a lobotomy

This would make a great t-shirt, non?

Having been back in the "working world" for over six months now.  I've had occassion to actually use this line about 3 times.  

As in, I said the words, "I had a baby, not a lobotomy" to a colleague/work associate/mentor.  

That's me.  Making friends everywhere I go...

In all seriousness, I've been meaning to actually blog about the annoying comments that one starts to get in the workplace from the moment of announcing pregnancy.  But that's a whole in-depth post that I've started numerous times and trashed without publishing, because I everytime I write it my blood pressure rises slightly and I think my snark comes off a little less flippant and more full-on-snarling-snarkity-snarkness.  Let's just say - I have a LOT to say on the subject of balancing a career and being a mom, and the reaction you get (daily!) in the workplace, and blah blah blah whingy-cakes.

xxoo.S

No comments: