Tuesday, December 15, 2009

So this is what the "twos" are like?

We've all had those weeks, non? Where all you can think of is just how quickly it will be over with? Thankfully that week is behind me now - Hubs away, had a (small) car accident, Maddie got sick, I got sick + lots of fires at work that needed to be put out.

Thank God my mom was in town - if only because she let me vent to her and hummed around the house doing my laundry and cooking meals. In fact, it was almost like I had an ol' fashioned housekeeper for a week. Yeah, that was definitely the highlight.

In other, more interesting news... Maddie has started to give me timeouts. That's right. You heard me.

I've figured out, it's usually a delayed reaction to getting one herself, like she's trying to process it or something.  And for the record, I don't give time outs freely, but you slap me across the face, you're sitting on the 'effing stairs Missy.  Then about a 1/2 hour later she'll come up to me out of the blue, looking cross and shaking her finger at me "Time out Mommy. Go to your room!" 


[Sidebar - I'm not sure where this "go to your room" thing comes from, as I don't send her to her room. Simply because she just plays up there, and I'm like, dude that's not a punishment. Sit on the stairs and look sad. Thanks.]

Regardless, it's difficult not to laugh and try to act serious when I ask why I'm in trouble.

xxoo.S

No comments: