Thursday, October 28, 2010

You know you talk a lot when...

...your baby invariably falls asleep whenever you're on the phone. Driving into the city to meet a work colleague for coffee yesterday morning, I did what I always do when I'm in the car and have a chance - I call friends to catch up. Chatting away makes the time go by faster and is easier (for me) to keep caught up with all the goss. Love me some goss!

And fussy as she was as traffic started to slow down (damn you Kingston Road!), Katie was asleep within 5 minutes of me chatting away. And this is not just related to the car - at home, if walking around carrying her (or she's riding in the sling) - she will fall asleep twice as fast if I happen to be on the phone (or talking to someone in person) vs me just walking around. Twice as fast. I've timed it. Not really.

Maddie was like this too - to a T. Makes me wonder just how much I talk on an everyday basis if that is their "content, womb-like sound"...

xxoo.S

No comments: