Sunday, September 21, 2008

An update post

It's been a couple of weeks since I've written - it's just been a busy time for us with lots going on.  I'll update you quickly on the latest at casa Vallier ...
  • Seth is starting a new job on the 29th.  Yes, another new job - but it's a great opportunity for him to work with some old colleagues that he enjoyed working with in the past, working in an industry in which he's very well-versed, and no overnight travel - which was a big plus.
  • My mom came up to visit the weekend before last for several days - and spent the Saturday babysitting Maddie while Seth and I went to a friend's wedding.  It was nice to have a night out and it was a beautiful wedding.
  • Maddie spent 2 days last week in daycare - for full days.  She's still not loving it, but getting used to the idea and managed to nap for a couple of hours there.  From what I'm told - the sleep is the biggest issue usually, so we're lucky that she'll actually do it.
  • And as you probably deduced from the above, Maddie is now taking the bottle quite well.  The secret?  We got her taking an old-school (BPA-ridden!!) Avent bottle, so went out and bought some (more) new bottles for her - the new BPA-free Avent bottle.  Details aside, she's taking the bottle.  Yay for her.  Yay for us.
  • Maddie is sooooo close to walking.  She walks and steers her "walker" like a pro - and is able to stand on her own for a few seconds (as long as she's not really realizing that she's doing it).  I'm so exited to see her become the little toddling toddler that I know she will be in just a few days?  Weeks?  Months???
  • This past weekend Seth's parents came up for a visit.  And again, we spent Saturday night out w/ friends, while the grandparents babysat.  We are definitely getting spoiled these days!  Loving the new freedom though.  And Maddie loves her grandma and grandpa, so she didn't miss us at all.
  • To keep myself busy and not losing my mind of loneliness while Maddie is at daycare, I've been trying to scratch off all those outstanding projects before I head back to work and my spare time gets drastically reduced.  It's kind of like reverse-nesting-instinct.  Instead of the rush of getting organized before the baby gets here, it's the rush  before you have leave your baby for 12 hours a day...
  • I'm We're definitely looking forward to having two paycheques coming in again - just in time for our little girl to officially turn one.  We're planning on a small birthday party on the Sunday (5th) before her birthday.  Now we just have to figure out what to get a little girl that really doesn't need anything...
There you go people.  You are updated on the ins and outs of the Valliers' life as we know it right now.  I will do my best not to leave you so high and dry again.  I know you missed me!  ;)

xxoo.S

No comments: