- Seth is starting a new job on the 29th. Yes, another new job - but it's a great opportunity for him to work with some old colleagues that he enjoyed working with in the past, working in an industry in which he's very well-versed, and no overnight travel - which was a big plus.
- My mom came up to visit the weekend before last for several days - and spent the Saturday babysitting Maddie while Seth and I went to a friend's wedding. It was nice to have a night out and it was a beautiful wedding.
- Maddie spent 2 days last week in daycare - for full days. She's still not loving it, but getting used to the idea and managed to nap for a couple of hours there. From what I'm told - the sleep is the biggest issue usually, so we're lucky that she'll actually do it.
- And as you probably deduced from the above, Maddie is now taking the bottle quite well. The secret? We got her taking an old-school (BPA-ridden!!) Avent bottle, so went out and bought some (more) new bottles for her - the new BPA-free Avent bottle. Details aside, she's taking the bottle. Yay for her. Yay for us.
- Maddie is sooooo close to walking. She walks and steers her "walker" like a pro - and is able to stand on her own for a few seconds (as long as she's not really realizing that she's doing it). I'm so exited to see her become the little toddling toddler that I know she will be in just a few days? Weeks? Months???
- This past weekend Seth's parents came up for a visit. And again, we spent Saturday night out w/ friends, while the grandparents babysat. We are definitely getting spoiled these days! Loving the new freedom though. And Maddie loves her grandma and grandpa, so she didn't miss us at all.
- To keep myself busy and not losing my mind of loneliness while Maddie is at daycare, I've been trying to scratch off all those outstanding projects before I head back to work and my spare time gets drastically reduced. It's kind of like reverse-nesting-instinct. Instead of the rush of getting organized before the baby gets here, it's the rush before you have leave your baby for 12 hours a day...
I'mWe're definitely looking forward to having two paycheques coming in again - just in time for our little girl to officially turn one. We're planning on a small birthday party on the Sunday (5th) before her birthday. Now we just have to figure out what to get a little girl that really doesn't need anything...
There you go people. You are updated on the ins and outs of the Valliers' life as we know it right now. I will do my best not to leave you so high and dry again. I know you missed me! ;)