- She's starting to add more words to her vocabulary - she now is able to say dada, mama, nei-nei-nei (meaning no), YA (not yes, just YA), dis (meaning "this", as in give me "this"), dat?(meaning "what's that"?), it-thay (kitty), and as of this weekend, ouch and hot. As I did a bunch of baking this weekend, I was trying to teach her to stay away from the oven - by telling her it was "HOT" and it would be "OUCH". She turned it into a game and now plays around the oven even more than before. Awesome.
- She finds toilet humour hilarious. Meaning toots, stinky bum, or burps - all make her laugh so hard. Yesterday she was playing with the lid of her diaper genie and I kept telling her that's where the stinky diapers go - P-U, stinky! She was having a giggle fit over that. And now knows how to wave her hand in front of her face for P-U and grab her nose for stinky.
- She's turning into a total mimic. She loves to play with pots and wooden spoons - pretending to 'stir' something, and I've even caught her 'tasting' the spoon. I must do that a lot!
- I'm trying the sign language thing again with her - since she's mimicing a lot of our actions, I figured maybe we will have more luck this time.
- Still not sleeping through the night on a regular basis ... yeah, that's just a killer. She WILL grow out of this, right?
- Lastly - I gave Maddie a taste of my baking the other day. She doesn't like shortbread. WHa??