Tuesday, March 3, 2009

And we've hit yet another developmental stage. A stage that I thought we had ducked, with Maddie's (until recently) preference to the word, "yeshhhh".

Instead that was just a teaser, and we were just a little slower to get here. Maybe a result of daycare influence? Who knows. But ask Miss Button a question these days, and the answer invariably is, "Nooo".

It's almost amusing. Almost.

I get now, all those comments and things I read about how the negativity of having every question answered as a "no" gets grating after a while. If I'm in a good mood it's amusing. If I'm annoyed, well, it's annoying.

In other news, I think she's hit a growth spurt. Waking up once a night and drinking a full bottle, being ravenously hungry during the day, and the clincher of all clinchers? As I was getting her dressed today I'm sure I saw an ankle! (As in, ankle bone - not cankle fat)

Someone's growing up, up, up!

xxoo.S

No comments: