Friday, January 22, 2010

Freedom Weekend

About a month ago the Hubs notified me of all the "guys weekends" he had coming up. A fantasy football pool thing, a pond hockey cottage dealio and an ice fishing trip. They were all scheduled within 6 weeks of one another - as in Every.Other.Weekend.

That's cool. I'm actually a super-awesome wifey and don't usually mind these guys weekends (really, I don't - because I get the whole bed to myself and can I just say, "S.T.A.R.F.I.S.H."?) - but seriously, every other weekend seemed a bit lame.

At first I was all - pick 2 outta 3 - you're not getting all these weekends of awesomeness while I get to play single-kill-me-if-I-have-to-watch-another-episode-of-Dora-mom. Not that I don't LURVE my daughter. But dudes - isn't the great thing about weekends getting to do the hand off when you need to take a bath?

Then I realized, well all 3 are pretty unique and different groups of guy friends and blah-blah-softy-cakes, I said, sure have fun at all your weekends. But um - you're taking Maddie with you one of those times.

HA! Don't I rock?

Before any judgy-mcjudgertons here have explody heads, I didn't mean take her WITH him to the actual guys weekend. Because as much as she can out-toot them all, I'm sure she wouldn't be all that into the 3am poker games that ensue.

But this weekend (the pond hockey cottage dealio) is treacherously close to Kingston - where grandparents abound! So Madds is going to visit Grandma and Grandpa Vallier for the weekend. They're excited, she's excited. I'm sure Seth is excited because this is probably only one out maybe two times a year he gets to play hockey anymore. And me?

The sheets are in the laundry, in anticipation of all the starfish sleeping madness that I am going to subject them to this weekend.

Other plans include copious chick-flick watching. Some trashy novel reading. Some junk food eating. And some lounging in pyjamas, not getting dressed for the day, living.

And maybe I'll clean up the garage.

Maybe...

xxoo.S

2 comments:

Deb said...

I am so jealous. Let me repeat that JEALOUS!
Have fun!

Denise said...

That sounds like heaven to be in your own house all by yourself for the weekend. Oh i'm envious! Enjoy it.