Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Corporate Responsibility

Like I mentioned in a previous post, there are a few stores that have offered to take back any baby bottles (or other paraphernalia) that are made with BPA. We decided to try our luck with the local Toys R Us today.

I packed up all the Avent bottles I had (except one, as I wanted to make sure I would have something to pump into), I packed up the Avent pacifiers we had (the clear ones are made with BPA apparently), and I packed up the Playtex Avance bottles I had (why did I have 2 types of bottles - don't ask me, I didn't know much about this stuff when I was registering way back when).

Even though it was a Wednesday morning, we still had to wait in a line of 4 people (3 out of 4 of them were women returning bottles). After about 20 mins it was our turn ... my little stash of bottles + pacifiers totaled $90. Seriously. Some of it was in it's original packaging - but that didn't seem to matter at all - we got full retail on all the items, used or not, put onto a TRU gift card.

Wow, is all I have to say. There hasn't been an 'official' recall yet, and still they are doing what is 'right'. Sadly, that's something very rarely seen in the corporate world these days. It certainly does a lot in solidifying my loyalty to Toys R Us - well done them.

xxoo.S

No comments: