Monday, April 7, 2008

I *heart* Infant's Motrin

Instead of baby Tylenol, I gave Maddie Infant's Motrin last night before she went to bed. (Aside: she was WIDE awake when I put her down in her crib last night, and we only heard a few whimpers before all fell silent in the little miss' room - yesss!!)

She woke up at 9:15 for a binkie reinsertion - although I'm not entirely certain her eyes were open at all during this process. I need a new nightlight for her room - the one I have is too bright and when I cover it partially with the curtain I a) worry about fires and b) can't see her properly in the dimness.

I then woke up at midnight to a crying baby. After my requisite bathroom trip, I headed towards her room in a sleepy haze, only to realize that she had stopped crying.

Rinse and repeat for 2:30am - except I actually made it into her room with binkie in hand for insertion - I get to her crib and there she lays, on her side, peacefully sleeping. I was like a deer caught in the headlights. What do a I do? How do I sneak out with this blasted creaky floor? It took me 10 minutes of tiptoeing and shifting weight slowly to get out of the room (never mind that I lumbered INTO the room half asleep and with no regard for her sleeping and this didn't affect her in the least...).

Then at 4:30 I got the call - the real, I'mawakeI'mawakeI'mawake comegetmecomegetme cry. I got to the room, quickly fed her and instead of falling asleep on the boob, she was laying there wide eyed. I was like, right. What to do? I didn't talk to her - just gave a quick dose of Tylenol, kissed her on the forehead and laid her in her crib. She rolled to her side, grabbed her lovey and continued the wide-eyed stare. I'm like, okay. I guess I'll leave and for sure she'll summon me back in 5 minutes.

Nope - didn't hear from her again until 6-ish - and I didn't even bother getting out of bed for that one. She didn't 'officially' wake up until 8am. And that's after Daddy checked on her at 6:45am (creaky floor Seth - what are you thinking!?!).

So to make a long story short - I'm more rested after last night than I have been in a looooooong time. Was it the baby Motrin? Was it the different binkie we gave her? Was it getting hardly any naps yesterday day? I don't know. I just hope we can replicate it tonight...


No comments: