Sunday, April 13, 2008

I love being a mommy, but...

...am soooooooooooooo done with teething. So it's been over a week since she's been teething "hard" (she's been gnawing on stuff and sticking her fist in her mouth for at least a month prior to all this) and I'm exhausted, frustrated and feeling really bad for her (and myself).

She doesn't sleep well - either at night (but hey, we were used to that!) or during the day. She's not happy unless she's got something in her mouth, but even then, seems to be whining or crying more often than not.

Don't get me wrong - I feel awful for our little monkey. I give her ice cubes in her mesh feeder, cold washclothes, frozen or chilled teethers. I give her Motrin, Tylenol, Camilia (homeopathic teething remedy) and Oral Gel. Some of these remedies work for a bit, then we're back to whiny, grumpy Maddie.

Seriously - how long can this go on for?? I think I can feel the teeth under her gums (but I'm no dentist - could just be wishful thinking), but can't see anything and they don't look red or inflamed.

I realize I'm being a bit of a whiner myself - but after 2 months of horrible sleeping and now this - I just want a few good days (and sleeps!). Just a few non-dramatic, non-grumpy days strung together would be nice. Then I wouldn't feel so much like selling her to the gypsies. That's right. I said it...

;)

xxoo.S

No comments: